Friday, March 19, 2021

Costumes

 Costumes are also a significant detail in a film, they give personality to each character. They help the actors transform into the character to their full potential. They allow for the audience to interpret the change in the character's appearance as the film develops. Costumes don't only help the viewer understand the story better, but also allow the actor get into their character. They help them actually get into character, which can bring the story to become more realistic.

For the costumes that I am using in my film opening I chose specific clothing that would best fit with the characters. Some of the costumes I that I have used so far for my two main characters, Jordyn Miller and Danny Rivers, in my film:

Danny's Basketball uniform- Jersey and basketball shorts and shoes

His basketball uniform obviously allows the viewers to interpret that he is a basketball player. Throughout most of this film he will be wearing this, demonstrating how he is serious about basketball and loves the game. 

Jordyn's first outfit- Khaki pants, blouse, sweater on top

Jordyn's outfit shows the viewers how it is not what many people her age wear on a daily basis, she is very studious as she is dressed in more formal attire. 

I do believe that costumes should be thought out will because that is how the character will be perceived in the film. As I continue to film, I notice how details, such as costumes, are important and contribute to the idea of the film as a whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything Filmed!

 I have finally finished all the scenes of my film! I am so excited to finally share with you all the work that I have done for the past cou...